Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Just got a new Cricut? Wondering where to start? Here at Craft Push, we know how exciting this is. Problem is that it can be confusing and often overwhelming. We don’t want you to go through that! One thing we’ve learned with crafting; you learn by doing. With that in mind, here’s a list of Cricut projects for beginners that uses different Cricut products and tools. By trying a variety of cool Cricut projects, you’ll not only get some cool crafts, but you’ll learn by actually doing the project.
To make one you’ll need the following items:
If you purchased a Cricut bundle, you’ll already have most of these items.
Customize a water bottle with vinyl
- To determine the size of your design, measure the water bottle.
- Design and download a cut file in Cricut Design Space.
- Using Cricut, open the cut file and scale it to the desired size
- Using permanent vinyl, cut the file
- When the cutting is complete, peel off the excess vinyl. Use your Weeder tools to weed out the vinyl n the letters
- Vinyl designs should be placed over transfer tape and scraped to ensure adhesion. We made a list to help you choose the best transfer tape for vinyl.
- Peel the backing off the transfer tape so you’re left with vinyl.
- Transfer the vinyl to your water bottle, making sure it is straight
- Apply the vinyl to the water bottle using the scraper tool again
- Remove the transfer tape to reveal your customized water bottle
Cricut Engraving projects
If you have a Cricut, then you know just what an amazing tool it is. It allows us to use our imagination and create anything we can think of! In fact, with the right tools and materials, your Cricut can even engrave wood or metal! But if you’re not sure how to get started with Cricut engraving projects follow the project instructions below.
If I can do them anyone can! Just follow my step-by-step instructions and soon enough you’ll be creating beautiful engraved pieces for yourself or as gifts for loved ones. With the Cricut engraving tip, you can do much more than just cut out letters and make stickers. With the engraving tip, you can engrave:
How cool is that? With the Cricut Maker, you can make all kinds of cool Cricut projects. An easy one to get started with is a keychain.
For this project, you’ll need:
Engraved Acrylic Keychains
Cricut engraving projects don’t have to be intimidating. Just follow these steps:
- In your Cricut Design Space, open a new design.
- Select an image.
- Size your design.
- Edit the mat and make sure your design is centered.
- Move the white star wheels to the far right of the roller bar after placing the Engraving Tip into the “B” carrier of the Maker.
- Remove one side of the acrylic blank’s protective paper coating. The blank should be placed paper side down, in the center of the StrongGrip mat (in the same place as the image in Design Space).
- Use painter’s tape if you want to make sure the keychain acrylic doesn’t move.
- From the material settings in Design Space, select acrylic and thickness (2 mm).
- That’s it. Start engraving!
Cool Cricut Projects with Cardstock
Besides making vinyl monograms for customized water bottles, another popular and fun Cricut project is making projects out of cardstock. I think you’ll find that cardstock is one of the easiest materials to work with on your Cricut cutting machine.
What Cricut Projects with Cardstock Can I Make?
The sky is pretty much the limit when it comes to making Cricut paper crafts with cardstock. But since we’re practicing with easy Cricut projects, we’ll start with rolled paper flowers. To make this project, you’ll of course need a Cricut. In addition, you’ll need:
Rolled Paper Flowers.
To make your rolled flowers, start with a “free rolled flower SVG.” There’s a multitude online, so just Google your favorite.
- Start by cutting out your SVG flower file.
- Using a pair of tweezers, pinch the innermost part of the flower and start rolling.
- Secure the flower as you go with a paperclip to make rolling easier. Also, if you’re using thicker cardstock, use a scraper to encourage it to start curling.
- Glue the bottom of the flower with your glue gun. Most SVGs have a circle tab to fold underneath, becoming the base of the flower.
This is such a fun Cricut project, you’ll end up making tons of rolled paper flowers. Use them on everything from decorating wooden letters to picture frames. They make great decorations for girls’ rooms or use them in place of gift bows!
Cool Cricut Projects are Easy!
Getting started with your new Cricut might seem scary and intimidating, but it isn’t! Follow the instructions for one of these easy Cricut projects and you’ll learn as you go.
If you want to make money you can read this article on Cricut maker projects to sell.