Today I’m going to show you how to make a headband with fabric (your own)! Surely whenever you want to do make-up, do sports, or clean, your hair goes on your face and you can not do your activities quietly, so I bring you the fabulous solution of “Diy Headband” to stop grumbling and also look super cool.
You only need a couple of elements, fabric, and some free time, NOTHING ELSE! 😉
Interested? Keep reading and you’ll find out how easy and quick it is!
How to make a headband! (easy and fast)
To make fabric headbands you need:
- Lycra fabric (because it can be easily stretched)
- Needle (You can sew by hand or with a sewing machine, any of the two ways are valid)
- Tape measure
- 1) The first thing, you have to do is to cut a rectangle that measures 16 cm wide, and for the length, it is necessary to measure the contour of your head, perhaps an approximation will be between 50 cm (if it will be for a child try to measure the contour of the child).
- 2) Once you have defined your rectangle, cut it and fold it in half on the side you want it not to be.
Then insert the thread into the needle and make a seam leaving 1 cm between stitch and stitch along one of the two.
The important thing is that the seam is not too tight, because if this happens the headband will not be able to stretch.
3) Then you turn it inside out, take the ends of the headband and put one on top of the other in the middle of the one underneath, take the part that is underneath and fold it inside and then the other one.
The result is that you will have a kind of” mini sandwich of fabric”, which when you turn it over will look like a cross or a bow.
This union should also be sewn with simple stitches, leaving 1 cm of seam also (the only detail is that this seam can be tight, you don’t have to leave it loose as in the previous one).
4) In the end, you trim the excess fabric of the seam, so that it is not bulky and it will be more neat and perfect.
And now you know how to make a headband with fabric yourself!
You can also watch this video about a twisted knot knit headband in 5 minutes!
The good thing about lycra fabrics is that they don’t have to fray. You can also use a little lighter on the seam to make it firmer, but you don’t have to.
If you realize that it is nothing complicated to know how to make a headband with fabric, you can make as many fabric headbands as you want, in the colors and designs that you like.
I just recommend you pay close attention to how to cross the ends of the fabric rectangle, but it is not too difficult either.
You can use a piece of fabric or a t-shirt that you no longer wear (as long as it is cotton and flexible).
I hope you liked it and above all that you made it!
If you want to know more about fabric crafts you can read this article: ‘What is flocked iron on and how to use it?‘